Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blogging While Editing 4 - DYWTGO?

Really didn't want to edit from my office, but a 24" screen beats a 13" any day. I don't know if I can stick around here for very long. Last time I worked in my office late, I got locked in the parking lot on campus. Luckily someone left one of the gates' padlocks off. But I found that after quite a bit of panic.

Working on the exterior apartment sequence. It's really important to get each beat in the scene right. We didn't get a take with every single beat right. But each take has at least one beat that is just golden. I wonder if it's just me as an editor, though. I didn't see it that way when we shot it. I tend to look at each beat as its own moment when I edit. I think that's why my highlights are topnotch. But when it comes to the scenes themselves, I really put so much time into each moment. And as I found out with the final scene, that doesn't always work all that well.

Saw myself on camera. I think I might be a vampire. I. am. white.

The Apple Magic Mouse is AMAZING. I love being able to jog back and forth with the sweep of finger.

Kelli has some great ad libs that are so low I never heard them until I started editing with quality headphones. Mike is a lot louder and it skips over him. Note to self: use two channel audio every time. I'm able to bring his volume down and hers up. It's great.

It sucks to kill your darlings. But I suppose that's just what good writing is.

I've been editing for the last hour with my fly unzipped. Good thing I wasn't Ustream-ing my editing progress.

Kent just sent over the coffee shop sequence with timing and sound. I'm rendering now. Can't wait to see it. I just sent him the exterior apt scene for color and sound treatment.

He had already timed and was working on the sound for that scene! It's like I'm out to make this guy work- I totally expressed my plan incorrectly to him. But Kent gets stuff done and seems to love tor work, you gotta love that in the film biz. It wasn't a problem for him and now this will even give me a chance to touch up the computer store sequence - which I was going to call locked so he could color and sound that one.

They just hit the lights in the hallway. I'm so glad I'm not editing a zombie movie right now.

I wonder what time the deadline is tomorrow? I facebooked DeadCenter - we'll see.

The Office sequence is cut. It is funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment